Young Entrepreneurs Story (YES) Project
Be part of the Young Entrepreneurs Story (YES) Project and share your successes, challenges, and advice with other young leaders and entrepreneurs.
Do you have a story to tell? We want to hear it! From internships to crowdfunding to launching a business, teens are becoming young professionals today and getting ready for the jobs of tomorrow. Sharing your ideas, successes, and challenges can help inspire other aspiring young leaders. If your story is accepted for publication, it will be published online in the Financial Literacy database. You’ll also receive a letter of commendation from Rosen Publishing and be entered for a chance to win an Amazon gift card to put toward your newest venture!
Here Are Some Ideas To Help You Get Started
- Have you started your own business? How did you get started and what obstacles have you faced? What advice would you give to other young entrepreneurs?
- Maybe you prefer to be a social entrepreneur. Share your tips for running a successful fundraiser or crowdfunding campaign.
- Tell us about your experience as a volunteer or intern. What were the hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job?
- Does money make you feel in control or stressed out? What is your biggest financial success? Or, your biggest financial mistake?
- Suggested story length: 250 words minimum.
- You must be 13 to 19 years old to be published. Authors will be identified with first name only—unless you request anonymity.
- Choose your words wisely. We can’t publish slurs or profanity.
- We can’t return submissions, so keep a copy for yourself.
- Include the following originality statement at the end of each submission: “This will certify that the above work is completely original,” followed by your full name to affirm this is your work.
- Writing may be edited, and we reserve the right to publish our edited version without your prior approval.
- All works submitted become the property of Rosen Publishing and all copyrights are assigned to Rosen Publishing. We retain the non exclusive rights to publish all such works in any format.
Submit your story here. New personal stories are added to Financial Literacy on an ongoing basis. You can send us your story at any time.
Please contact us if you have questions or want additional details about the Financial Literacy YES Project.